While researching for parenting quotes for my new book “The Uncensored Guide to Parenting,” I came across some of the best quotations.
What I like most is ones that are funny and witty.
Even though they are funny, there’s still meaning hidden in each quote.
I have taken 10 quotes and ranked them in descending order.
Here it is (drum roll please…) the top 10 list of funny parenting quotes:
10. “Insanity is hereditary – you get it from your kids.” — Sam Levenson
9. “I don’t know why they say “you have a baby.” The baby has you.” — Gallagher
8. “People who say they sleep like a baby usually don’t have one.” — Leo Burke
7. “The best way to keep children at home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant – and let the air out of their tires.” — Dorothy Parker
6. “You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they’re going.” — P. J. O’Rourke
5. “The thing that impresses me most about Americans is the way parents obey their children.” — Edward, Duke of Windsor
4. “Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children, and no theories.” — John Wilmot
3. “A parent who has never apologized to his children is a monster. If he is always apologizing, his children are monsters.” — Mignon McLaughlin
2. “You can’t scare me. I have children!” — Garfield
1. “Having a child is surely the most beautifully irrational act that two people in love can commit.” — Bill Cosby
By the way, my new book contains NONE of the above quotes except one. I have picked other equally meaningful quotes to adorn the book.
Of course, the book has more than just the quotes. It has my real-life parenting lessons.
To get notified when the book is ready and get an early bird discount, join the notification list at: