It sounds counter-intuitive.
How can we learn secrets to a happy marriage from people who have divorced?
Sometimes, that’s how we learnâ€¦ from mistakes of others.
Meaning if we want to have a happy marriage, we must learn from divorced people. So we don’t make the same mistakes.
That’s how the world works, doesn’t it?
Dr. Terri Orbuch, a.k.a The Love Doctor, who has studied marriage for 25 years and author of the new book “Finding Love Again,” summarizes the following tips which she compiled from divorced people:
1. Money.Â Differences in handling finances. Talk about spending and saving approach before deciding to share living expenses.
2. Affection.Â Surprise. Surprise. Surprise. Men too crave affection. One of the reasons for divorce is men don’t get enough of cuddling, kissing, hand-holding, and partner saying “I love you.”
3. Blame. Finger pointing and not collective responsibility.
4. Communication. Talk to your partner intimately – not about work, relationship, house, children, or MIL.
5. Move on. Forget about your ex or your partner’s ex. Be neutral.
I think they do.
To get a copy of Terri’s book, go to: