Want to know mistakes made by parenting experts?
It’s always soothing to realize that parenting pros are sometimes making mistakes as we ordinary parents do. Nevertheless it’s quite a thing to learn from them if they are willing to reveal to us what mistakes they have committed.
According to an article in Better Homes & Gardens magazine, there are seven parenting mistakes that we can learn from the experts themselves.
Ready for the ride? Here’s the summary:
1) Find Your Temper — Before You Lose It. It’s not worth it at all to show your tantrum at your child. Curd this before it’s too late.
2) Learn to Talk "The Talk". What NOT to tell your kids about sex. Even a child clinical psychologist made this mistake. Crucial information here, a must read.
3) Plan Around Her Personality — Not Yours. We always make this mistake.
4) Avoid Becoming a Daddy Doormat. If you set a limit with your kids, you simply have to follow through.
5) Focus on Security — Not Scare Tactics. Next time before you scare your child about bogeys or monsters under his bed, you’d better think again.
6) Get All the Facts First. It’s only natural to defend your child but you shouldn’t do it automatically.
7) Watch Your Mouth. Before your swear or say something negative, watch your mouth. Your child is learning from you.
Phew! What a ride. To read in full, click here. The site is slow and too many distractions, so be patient when you sift through.