The sound of "eh eh eh" and pointing finger have become a very handy communication tool for my one year old son lately.
The tool is used whenever he wants YOU to:
1) carry him to go somewhere when he’s lazy to walk himself
2) pick up something (a toy, a spoon, etc) for him
3) feed him water
4) feed him by pointing to the food (I can’t pinpoint what food he hates, he eats almost everything)
5) wear shoes for him when he sees someone heads for the door
6) get a book for him to "read"
Plus many many things more…
See I told you, it’s a very useful tool. If you refuse to listen to his "instructions", you’ll soon be served with a higher volume of "eh eh eh" followed by "ahh ahhhh ahhhhhh."
My wife and I just wonder how soon he will be able to say single syllable words and render this tool obsolete.